Girl Scout Cookies!!!!!! They are the best!! Yes, I know. They’re not homemade like I would normally prefer. But, c’mon. You can’t deny that they are amazing! So, when I came across Amy’s Mint Chocolate Cupcakes (recipe below from A Healthy Life for Me), there was no way I could pass them up. So, enjoy a new Musical Monday video, then snuggle up with today’s book – Never Have Your Dog Stuffed by Alan Alda while you enjoy the cupcakes!
On to the cupcakes!
The cupcakes are extremely dense and sticky – borderline chewy. They have a nice, even chocolate taste. Not overly sweet or dark.
The frosting is thick and easy to pipe – though the chunks make piping a little more challenging. The mint flavor is shockingly strong! You get the cream cheese frosting taste too, but the mint is definitely the star.
The cupcake balances out the frosting nicely. It cuts through a bit of the mint and adds a darker flavor. This is a hearty cupcake – very thick, chewy and bold.
Note: It leaves the exact same after-taste in your mouth that Thin Mint cookies do! It’s so fun!
- Cupcake Taste: 3.5
- Frosting Taste: 4
- Overall Taste: 4
- Appearance: 4
- Ease of Making: 3.5
- TOTAL: 19
Amy’s Mint Chocolate Cupcakes (recipe from A Healthy Life for Me)
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons of all-pupose flour
- 1 cups granulated white sugar
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract or DAVE’s syrup
- 1 cup hot coffee
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract or DAVE’s syrup
- ¼ cup bittersweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 cup confectioners sugar (SIFTED)
- 15 mint thin cookies, crushed
- 6 mint thin cookies, roughly crushed for topping
For directions visit A Healthy Life for Me.
*Tomorrow: Caramel Frap Cupcakes*